On this fab day with it’s fab date (12/12/12), I wish to share a fab news with you. My blog has received 2 awards, The Liebster award and the Gargie award!!.. Gosh I am so excited!!
Monica from http://gongjumonica.wordpress.com was kind to think my blog worthy enough for these 2 awards. Thanks Monica!!.. You guys got to check out her blog as she is a very sweet person and I love the way she expresses herself through her interesting posts. She always supports me.
More about the first award!
The Liebster award
What does Liebster mean?. It is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. This award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers and is just starting out in this beautiful field of blogging.
Now that I received the award, the next step is:
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
- Choose 11 bloggers and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
Here are my answers to the 11 questions that Monica set for me.
1. What is your favorite book series?
Ans : My favorite book series is the Hercule Poirot series by Agatha Christie. Hercule Poirot is a fabulous detective just like Sherlock Holmes and I definitely love how perceptive and intelligent he is.
2. If you could star in any movie, what would the film and your character be?
Ans : I would love to be in Step Up and be Jenna Dewan!!.. She has such a flexible body, dances her heart out and gets to romance Channing Tatum on screen and in real life too!!.. Who wouldnt love that!… Its lucky my husband doesn’t read my blog posts 😀
3. If you are given one week to live, how will you spend it?
Ans: I will spend all my money going shopping, gifting people and staying in exotic hotels, which I love!. I then would have amazing spa treatments. Might as well die looking great!.. Hahaha..
4. Blue or Purple?
Definitely purple!. I loved purple from the time my husband first gifted me this purple dress.
5. What’s the most embarrassing thing you have done in school?
Ans: I once did a speech during the Annual Day of the school in front of the all the students and parents. It was a mortifying experience. I felt it to be particularly embarrassing when I messed up the last sentence because deep inside, I was rejoicing that I had reached the last sentence, however, while my thoughts strayed away to my happiness, I forgot the last sentence midway!. Then I just repeated the sentence. Never did speeches ever again!!
6. If you could write and publish a book, what will it be about?
Ans : To say the truth, I would have eventually written about Harry Potter if J.K Rowling hadn’t beat me to it!
7. Iphone or Android?
Ans: Definitely Android. I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 🙂
8. What is your favorite coffee shop and usual order there?
Ans : Il Cafe Di Roma, Marina Mall, Abu Dhabi is my fav. The one thing I always order is a chocolaty drink with rich chocolate chips in it, topped with whipped cream. I believe it’s called the Mocha choc. It’s been some time since I been to this cafe. I simply look at the pic and order it!.. Dumb, I know… It looks somewhat like this. The chocolate chips are dropped into it right before serving it and so by the time you have it, the chips would have started melting in the hot drink. Gosh it’s heaven..
9. If you will be given one chance to change a historical event, what would it be?
Ans : The Jallianwala Bagh massacre which occurred in India back in 1919, where some weirdo along with 50 other armed men blocked the only entrance to a park and fired at all the people in the park leaving more than 1000 people, including women and children, dead. That is atrocity and I wish that never happened.
10. Real books or eBooks?
Ans: No doubt about it.. Real books win here!… The tangible feel of the books and it’s smell is simply too amazing. I get bored soon when I am reading ebooks.
11. What inspires you to write?
Ans: I love to express my feelings and that inspires me to write. I have always been interested in books, which inspired me to read more and write more.
Alright so all the questions are done. I should say I had fun answering these questions!. Thanks again Monica 🙂
I now have the power vested in me to pass on these awards to 11 other bloggers, as I mentioned before. However I have only one person to award this to, as I do not follow many bloggers who have under 200 followers. Here is my nominee:
Coral is a wonderful writer and she is also a very supportive follower of mine. She comments on most of my posts and is very active on my blog. Thank you Coral for all the support and kind feedback you always give me. Its a pleasure giving you The Liebster Award!
Here are the 11 questions I have set for you, Coral!
1) What are your talents (other than writing)?
2) What do you think is the best thing that has EVER happened to you?
3) If money was no object, what changes would you make to your life right now?
4) Mountain climbing (adventurous) or stroll in the park (laid back)?
5) Your favorite movie that has been adapted from a book.
6) If you could have a super power, what would it be?
7) If you could be anyone in this life, who would it be?
8) What quality of yourself do you love the most?
9) The best makeup product you cant live without.
10) Explain a situation which you thought was pure serendipity.
11) If you could go back to your teenage self, what advice would you give yourself?
Hope you do a blog post soon, answering all the questions and accepting the award!
Onto my second award!!
The Gargie Award
This award is given to a blogger who have been outstanding in their field. More details about this award is here.
The rules to accept this award are as follows:
1. Display the award badge prominently on your site.
2. Publish a post to inform the world of your great achievement.
3. Nominate some fellow bloggers (who have been outstanding in their field…figuratively or literally)….if you feel inclined.
4. Indicate to your nominees that they have received the award….provided you have completed step three.
Here are my nominees for this award:
Congrats to the above 4 lovely bloggers. Hope you will do your acceptance posts soon!
Love, Naznin 🙂