I am so excited to do this fun tag today. But what’s more exciting is the fact that I am collaborating with three other bloggers to do this tag!. Those three are:
Abidha of Abidha Ayyoob’s Blog – She does lovely product reviews, informative maternity related posts (since she is a new mom!) and general posts about life itself. She has been blogging for an year now. I love her writing style and frank posts. She is such a sweetheart but I really appreciate her extremely bold and brave expression of her stand on various issues of life in general!. Click here to check her tag answers!
Irene of Drab to Fabz – She does amazing hauls and product reviews. She too has just completed an year of blogging. I love the witty and detailed way she writes her reviews in. She is addicted to makeup and is my go to person to know about new products and sales happening in UAE!. Click here to check her tag answers!
Sarah of Blend N Smack – She does awesome makeup tutorials, product reviews and useful ‘how to’ tutorials. She has been blogging for only six months but her posts have a professional quality to it that will leave you assuming that she has been blogging for years!. She is young and extremely talented at applying makeup. You would be surprised to know she learned it all from YouTube and not by taking classes in it! Click here to check out her tag answers!
All three of these bloggers were perfect to collab with to do this tag because of our shared love for beauty products. Do check out these awesome bloggers and show them love by subscribing to them 🙂
On to the questions!
1) Greed: What is your most inexpensive beauty product? What is your most expensive beauty product?
A : My most inexpensive beauty product is the Eyetex Dazzler liquid black eyeliner, costing only Rs.35 (AED2.13)!. It’s an Indian brand and one that I am super impressed with. It’s quality and intense color is just amazing. I keep going back to this brand and purchase one almost every year when I go to India for vacation.
The most expensive beauty product I own is the Foreo Luna, a phenomenal skincare tool costing $208.90 (AED 767.31)!. It is a great addition to my skincare routine and one that I am so glad I invested in!. Read my detailed review by clicking here.
2) Wrath: What beauty product do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Blush!. I love how blush can make someone look like a picture of glowing health but I still haven’t yet figured out how to apply it well. Sometimes it looks good by fluke, sometimes it makes me look like a clown. I have a blush palette from Mikyajy that I bought some time ago. It’s the Blush Delights palette, worth about AED 145. I use only couple of the darker plum colors from it. Once I figure out how to get it’s application right every single time, this will no longer be a love/hate relationship 😀
3) Gluttony: What are your most delicious beauty products?
Three products come to my mind immediately, when I think of the word ‘delicious’. These three smell amazing. Click the links for reviews :
- Figs & Rouge Cherry Blossom hand cream – A heavenly smelling hand cream that does it’s job perfectly..
- Macadamia Nut deep repair hair mask – One of the best deep repair masks I have tried and it smells like paradise!
- Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Body Lotion – A lovely, hydrating lotion with a high SPF of 50 and which has a tropical scent.
4) Sloth: What beauty product do you neglect due to laziness?
Eye primer/eyeshadow base!. I am pretty lazy when it comes to using that. To my defense, let me say that I am not much of an eyeshadow fan. Even if I wear them, it’s for a short time. I am not looking for a lasting look. When I do use it, which is pretty rare, I go for Elf’s eyeshadow primer in ‘Sheer’, which costs $3 (AED 11.02).
5) Pride: What beauty product gives you the most self-confidence?
Liquid eyeliners!. I love them so deeply. I wear it every single day whether I am going out or not!. I love highlighting my eyes, as I feel it’s my best feature. A winged eyeliner brings all attention to the eyes :). After bathing, that’s one of the main things I reach for. Here are some of my favorites :
- Eyetex Dazzler liquid eyeliner – This is not a waterproof liner. It can be easily washed off. Just the kind I love!. It’s perfect for daily wear!. Costs Rs.35 (AED2.13) for 6.5 ml.
- Kohl – The one I own is a no name brand from India. The finish it offers is bold and dark. It costs about AED 2.50.
- Rimmel London Soft Kohl eyeliner pencil – It’s a nice one and costs AED18.
- Maybelline Colossal Kajal – This one has an intense black color and is perfect for the waterline. It’s AED 25.
- Avon Super Shock gel eyeliner – This one gives a soft and creamy look. It believe it was AED 47. It’s been a while since I have had it.
6) Lust: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?
When I see a guy, what I take notice of, is his hairstyle, height and broad shoulders!. I like tall people. It’s true looks matter since that’s what you judge a person by, the very first time you see them. Obviously, you wouldn’t know someone’s character by looking at them, right?. Once I get to know them, what I love is their intelligence,sense of humor and caring nature. I am so blessed to have a tall and handsome husband. Touchwood!. He is 5ft 10, has broad shoulders, has a great hairstyle, makes me laugh (at times only. Other times, I just wanna kill him :P) and cares extremely for me ♥
7) Envy: What products would you most like to receive as a gift?
Oh well…. where do I begin! :P. I love gifts. I love just about anything meaningful and useful but there are four types of gifts that make my heart flutter:
- Jewelry : Simple, elegant and classy jewelry items are totally my style. Cubic Zirconia is my choice of stone since it’s just so brilliant. Currently I am lusting for this Platinum-plated Sterling silver round Cubic Zirconia bangle bracelet from Amazon.
Pic taken from Amazon.com
- Perfumes : I LOVE perfumes. Soft and sensual is my scent preference. My favorite high end one is Hypnose by Lancome (which is in the AED 300s range) and favorite low end one is Time Bomb (which is AED30). I am currently lusting for Escada Especially Elixir, of which I got a sample in the July Glambox.
Picture taken from Google.com
Picture taken from Google.com
- Skincare products: I am a skincare product junkie. I can never have enough of it. I love being gifted products that are suited for my skin type, which is normal/dry. Currently, I am lusting for Wedderspoon Organic’s Queen of the Hive face contour mask, which contains bee venom and Manuka honey!. It’s pretty expensive, has rave reviews and hopefully one day I’ll have it too..
Picture taken from iHerb
- Handmade things : These are from the heart, creative and thoughtful!. I have been gifted several handmade cards and even a painted mug in the past. Simply love it!
I now tag the following people to do this tag :
1) Daania of Serendipity Happens
2) Deena of Deenass88
3) Kate of Sleeping Bootay
4) Monica of Impressions of a Princess
5) Praseena of Coral Crue
I hope you all loved this tag and my answers to it. Do let me know what your answers are to these questions in the comments section below.