Every year we see fashion trends that got their start on the dance studio floor. It is expected and it is a good “partnership.” When experts in the fashion world add their ideas with the ideas of experts in the Dance Design Costume world, magic is born.
In fact, many industries are intertwined here. While fashion may begin with dance-trends, they take it a whole new level. Only fashion icons can take a romantic or sexy dance costume and turn it into a red-carpet-ready event that a major celebrity will wear. It doesn’t stop there. When famous wedding gown designers take those lines, designs, and fabrics into consideration, the wedding gown season is often alive with new trends. So, it starts with dance but it has a wide reach.
This is the year of romance and hot and sexy outfits. Last year was life mimicking all forms of dance. This included Jazzercise and Disco. The color was Millennial Pink all the way. The smokey, gray-pink was everywhere.
These three things are missing from the clothing trends in 2019. There will be much less Jazzercise and Disco and much more graceful ballet, and ballroom.
You will not be seeing much of Millennial Pink. It is not nearly as brilliant and lovely as the colors we will see this year.
This year look for:
● Warm Caramel
● Emerald Green
● Peacock Blue
● Deep Burgundy
Daring, alluring, and very sexy is what you will see everywhere. Dancewear will have plunging backs combined with low-cut fronts. You will see a lot of lace or mesh cut-outs. The main thing to remember is it is all about the lines. The lines hug the body which gives shape to the outfit. You can get everything you need to improve your wardrobe in style at Just For Kix.
This is the “today” sweatpants. They are trim and slim and look good enough to wear anywhere. They do not look sloppy.
Traditional Must-Have Pieces For Dance or Fashion
● Leotards as tops
○ These great “tops” do not ride up. They hug the body and give you the support of a blouse and bra and they come in many cuts. Wear a halter leotard, a capped sleeve, backless, or long sleeve. Add lots of lace, mesh, or cut-outs.
● Tulle skirts
○ Full tulle skirts are showing up in all kinds of events. These skirts are being worn with cashmere, off-the-shoulder sweaters or silky leotards. Ballet flats are perfect.
○ Tights are replacing hosiery this year. The fishnet tights of 2018 are still rocking the fashion world. This year, look for animal prints. Leopard print tights under a leotard or some cute shorts are in the dance studio. The same tights under a flirty little skirt are showing up at the clubs.
● Elephant pants
○ Elephant pants are back for 2019. Wear them low on the hips and attach them firmly at the ankles. They are a bit smaller than the 90’s hit. You will see loose pants with a high waist that are gathered and cuffed at the ankle. Pair them with a hot crop top and ballerina flats, and you are ready to go.
○ Leggings are here to stay and every year they get better and better. This year look for shiny metallic fabrics. Big name sporting companies are putting out shiny gold, silver, and rose gold. If you look closely, you may find a few pieces in rust that are awesome. Match these up with a cool sports bra and you have the hottest look on the floor.
The best thing about 2019 is the choices. There are so many choices that you will find your favorite look from casual, to business casual, to formal. You can mix and match and be creative. You will look fantastic and turn heads everywhere you go.