This haul is from a while back but I thought I would share my very first Clinique mini haul with you.
I had run out of an eye cream and that’s when I came across Clinique’s All About Eyes. It’s a light weight eye cream that borders on being a gel/lotion, since it isn’t that thick. It gets easily absorbed, has a velvety texture and leaves the eye area nourished. Even though I take only three tiny dots for each eye, I feel like this little tub won’t last me long. It’s supposed to help with redness, puffiness, fine lines, dark circles & shadows. Frankly I don’t have redness and rarely any puffiness, but still the product looked attractive and that’s why I bought it. You could say it’s an impulse buy, which I don’t recommend any of you to do 😛
It’s a nice product, with a light scent to it. My eye area looks better than before. But is it worth the price I paid?. No, it’s not. I really loved Olay’s Total Effects eye cream which lasted me a really long time and cost only about 59 bucks. I actually bought 2 of these eye creams (since I expected it to be fantastic), the other one for my mom.
Price : AED 160 for a glass tub containing 15ml.
After buying these, I got to know that there is a free goodie bag with purchase of AED 400+. So, I checked for something else and came across Clinique’s Long Last Glosswear 5 Pack Set. The colors looked super gorgeous. These lip glosses come in bottles of 2.3ml each and are travel friendly. Some glosses leave your lips super dry but these ones are really moisturizing. They aren’t super sticky too.
It has good staying power. Even though it boasts 8 hours, I have found it lasts for upto 5 hours on my lips, which is still good. The colors, though they appear intensely pigmented in the tubes, are light and sheer on application. Here are the lip swatches :
Cupid’s Bow – Probably the lightest shade of red. My favorite out of the 5. Gorgeous, non-shimmer and sheer.
Purple Crush – A pinkish purple, sheer and with a slight shimmer.
Love at First Sight – A light violet color, shimmer and sheer.
Happy ♥ – A pinkish peach color, non- shimmer and sheer.
Sweet Tooth – Lightest shade of pink, almost on the verge of being white. Kinda makes me look ghastly IRL. My least favorite out of the 5. Non-shimmer and sheer.
Price : AED 147
Though wearable on it’s own, I feel like their performance is enhanced when coupled with lipsticks of the same shades.
Next, here is the goodie bag I received. The bag itself is a keeper, being super gorgeous, multicolored and really good quality. I adore it!.
Frankly, I am really impressed with the contents of this bag. There were 5 items –
● Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief – This is a cream that delivers intense moisture to dry skin. On application, there is a cooling effect which is such relief. Aptly named ‘thirst relief’, this works like how water works for our body!. The sample came in a 7ml glass container. It has a really gentle & pleasant smell. It has a really lightweight appearance and goes on like a serum on the skin, getting absorbed super fast.
● Clinique High Impact lipstick in the color 13 Flamenco – I literally died seeing a full sized lipstick in this goodie bag!. Like whatt?!. It came in a classic Clinique green colored tube and since High Impact lipsticks come packaged differently, I can only guess the one I got was originally designed as a test product (You know, to be kept on shelves for testing). Anyways, I am super happy to get one ♥
Flamenco is an ‘orange’ish red lipstick, even though it looks more on the red side, in the tube. It looks super pretty on application. More layers can be added to get an intense, full coverage look. It goes on a like butter on the lips, giving the look of really moisturised lips.
● Clinique High Impact mascara – Never been more disappointed with any mascara like this before. It literally does nothing to my lashes. Wish I could show you a before & after pic, but both looks the same!.
● Clinique Foaming Sonic Facial Cleanser – A thick, white colored foaming cleanser that takes away all impurities, leaving the skin looking well cared for and soft. It came in a 15ml deluxe sample tube and I was able to get several uses out of it since a little goes a long way. Loved this cleanser!
● Clinique Aromatics in White perfume – A very feminine, floral, musky scent that’s definitely charming. It has good lasting power. Loved this sample too. It came in a small glass spray bottle.
Even though I have mentioned light scents for the skincare products, all Clinique products are 100% Fragrance free. Also, they are Allergy tested.
Everything shown above (including that cute little camel toy, which cost AED 29) were purchased at Abu Dhabi Duty Free.