Here is yet another iHerb haul. This one is actually from Sep 2016, but I took time to try out everything to give a thorough review for you guys.
This haul focuses on skincare, health and haircare products.
● The Toner by Jeffrey James Botanicals – I decided to try this brand because it has so many rave reviews. I have used a DIY ACV toner for a really long time & pretty much don’t experiment with toners. But decided to give this one a try.
It contains Vitamin C, Colloidal Silver & Camu Camu berry. It helps the skin fight against free radicals, restores balance to the skin, is antioxidant rich & firms and brightens.
It has a really lovely, refreshing scent of roses. It can be used in two ways –
○ as a toner – just spray 2 to 3 pumps onto a cotton pad and wipe away the day’s impurities from your skin. No need to wash it off.
○ as a mist – just spritz it directly onto your face and neck for a refreshing feeling. Leave it as it is, without wiping off.
It comes in a spray bottle. I definitely recommend it.
Price : $16.80 (Approx AED 61.70) for a 118 ml glass bottle. Currently though, at the time of writing this post, this product’s price has been increased to $19.20 (Approx AED 70.52), which is still 20% lower than how much you get it for, normally.
● The Serum by Jeffrey James Botanicals – This is a deeply hydrating serum with over 50% Hyaluronic acid in it. It’s definitely a great serum and does what it says. It also contains Vitamin C & Green Tea.
It has a slightly runny consistency, perfect for a smooth application. It is transparent and comes in a bottle fitted with a nozzle, which is very convenient.
Price : $30.80 (Approx AED 113.13) for a 59 ml glass bottle. However, it’s current price is $35.20 (Approx AED 129.29) & still, 20% lower than it’s regular price.
While Jeffrey James brand is definitely on the higher price range, it is of high quality and not just that, it is also crueltyfree, paraben free, sulphate free & gluten free. Both products mentioned above are good for all skin types.● Bee Propolis Trio supplement by NaturaNectar – This is a supplement that gives overall health, immune support, improves respiratory system and much more. It says ‘Trio’ because it’s a combination of three types of Premium Brazilian Bee Propolis – Brown (85%), Green (10%) & Red (5%).
I bought this for my mom and she took 1 capsule per day. She has felt a burst of energy and also her constant cough went down. She recommends it a lot.
Price : $24.74 (Approx AED 90.87) for 60 veggie capsules (2 month supply). But, since it was one of the Brands of the Week, I got a 20% discount and thus paid only $19.79 (Approx AED 72.69) for it.
● Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask – I generally love glycolic masks because they always brighten up the skin by gently dissolving and sweeping away dull, dry surface cells, exfoliating and resurfacing for an even tone, smooth texture, and a luminous complexion.
This one in particular, doesn’t disappoint at all. It contains Manuka honey & organic pumpkin. It’s a really lovely mask. It can be applied on dry or damp skin, but I prefer applying on damp skin since it feels less abrasive and more comfortable that way.
Price : $12.71 (Approx AED 46.68) for a 50 gms tub
This mask, just like any other Andalou Naturals products, is vegan, crueltyfree and gluten free.
● Boar bristle brush for fine hair by Bass Brushes – This is a much hyped about product. Finally, I decided to try it too when I saw one that is specifically made for my hair type (fine). You have got to experience it!. It’s amazing. Here is a before and after pic :
Definitely not one of my best pics. But, to be honest, I clicked it to show a friend and not for the blog.
It smoothes the hair and gives it a very natural shine. It also works out tangles. The handle is made of pure bamboo. It can be used even on wet hair!. This hair brush is gentle enough to be used as a baby brush too. Such a lovely product and it’s quality is awesome for the price it’s offered at.
Price : $10.20 (Approx AED 37.46). Currently though, it’s price has been reduced to $9.89 (Approx AED 36.33).
● Cedarwood essential oil by Now Foods – I bought this because Cedarwood oil helps massively in hair loss. In fact, it’s a product that’s recommended for alopecia patients. It’s my first time trying an essential oil and having heard of how potent it could be, I was sceptical. However, after much researching, I understood that this one can be used neat (directly). So, I have been using 2 – 3 drops directly to spots that needs more hair or by mixing it with hair oils. There is definitely a difference, though it’s not magical.
If you are planning to buy this one, I suggest you check out the ‘Atlas Cedarwood oil’ like this one, because apparently that’s the one that’s used more in hair treatments. The one that I bought is extracted from the bark of a Juniper tree and not from a true Cedar it seems!. Bummer. But it does work. Also, since this oil has antiseptic properties, I use couple of drops of it in my foot soak.
Price : $4.57 (Approx AED 16.79) for a 30 ml bottle. Currently, it’s price has been reduced to $4.04 (Approx AED 14.84).
● Replenish & Repair oil by The Jane Carter Solution – This hair oil contains Maracuja oil, Coconut oil & Sunflower oil. It is a light yellow colored, lightweight oil, with a subtle, pleasant scent.
This is a vegan & crueltyfree haircare brand.
Price : $10.80 (Approx AED 39.67) for a 177 ml bottle.
● Hyaluronic Acid serum by Reviva Labs – This is hands down one of the BEST serums out there. I saw a massive change within a couple of uses itself. My skin is plumped, very much more hydrated and supple. Absolutely love it and I can’t recommend it enough!
It’s transparent and has a slightly runny consistency. My skin seems to just drink up this product. In the first pic, you can see that I have bought two bottles. One was for my sil and she has had a very similar experience too.
It says here, on the bottle, that it contains ‘professional strength’ hyaluronic acid, however, the exact value is not written anywhere. Reviva Labs is a fantastic brand, that’s much raved about. I am glad I tried this product. It’s like a Holy Grail product ♡
It can be used alone for a hydration boost or under a cream. I use it at night, below my skincare oil and follow it up with my night cream. It comes in a glass bottle, with a pump.
Price : $14.31 (Approx AED 52.56) for a bottle containing 29.5 ml. Since I bought two, I got a 5% ‘Quantity discount’. Thus my total was $27.19 (Approx AED 99.87). Currently though, this product’s price has been reduced to $11.37 (Approx AED 41.76) per bottle.
● Lift & Firm cream by Andalou Naturals – This is a repeat purchase for my brother. I think it’s his third tub. He swears by it and says no other cream has worked this well at moisturizing his skin.
Price : $21.21 (Approx AED 77.90) for a 50 ml tub.
Shipment & Loyalty credit
Shipment was via DHL & it cost $8.86 (Approx AED 32.54) this time. It was shipped the very next day from US and reached me in UAE in 3 days. Love their fast shipping.
iHerb was giving back a loyalty credit of 10% of the bill total, back in 2016 (Currently, it’s 5%). So, I ended up getting $15.41 which could be used towards my next order, if placed within 2 months. Awesome savings!.
iHerb has made many changes to their site in 2017. That’s why they have reduced the prices of over 20000 products and increased the prices of a few products. Also, they have introduced ‘Shipping Savers’, which are products that can be added into your cart to help lower your shipping charges. To check the list of those products, click here.
Let me know if you need product suggestions etc while shopping at iHerb. I love to help out.♡