Buying a home is an exciting accomplishment and one that many dream of. It is a challenge to purchase a home as it often requires a great deal of money up front as a down payment. In addition, if you purchase a home that is older, it may require some work to get it up to your expectations.
While purchasing a home is exciting and rewarding, it can also be very stressful as there is furniture to buy and moving also needs to take place. If you know someone who is a new homeowner and you want to give them a gift but you are unsure of what to give, this article will help you out. Here are the top gifts for new homeowners in 2017 –
1. Soda maker machine – Making your own soda is all the rage these days. Because of their popularity, you can find one for less than $500 if you do your research and look for sales. Before you purchase a soda maker, however, be sure to read reviews as you want to make sure that you spend your money on the best soda maker machine available. As with any other appliance, some machines have better features over others. Also, be sure to check out the manufacturer warranty information and what supplies are needed to make a great soda.
You may want to also consider gifting some supplies with the machine so that they can start to enjoy it right away.
2. Candles – If you are moving into a home that has been lived in before, you may welcome candles as a gift. Burning a candle in your home can be relaxing and give off a great smell. It can be hard to mask the smell from previous owners so starting out with a collection of lovely smelling candles can do the trick.
3. Champagne or a bottle of wine – It is so exciting to move into a new home and it cannot be celebrated enough. Gifting a bottle of champagne or wine to the new homeowners is a nice touch and one that they will appreciate. There is nothing like the day that you sign your mortgage papers and collect your keys. What better than to step inside your new home and have a glass of bubbly to celebrate?.
4. Offer to host dinner – Purchasing a new home is exciting but it can also be very stressful. Moving into a new home takes a great deal of time and energy which may leave the cook of the house out of energy and unable to make dinner for their family. Offering to bring dinner over or cook dinner at the house is a nice gesture and one that is likely going to be greatly appreciated.
5. Toaster – A toaster is a great gift to give to someone you do not know all that well. For example, if your coworker is moving into their first home, consider giving them a toaster. It’s a nice gift that can be used for years to come and does not have to be expensive.
The recipient will be appreciative of your thoughtfulness and think of you when they make their toast in the morning..