Pretty late, but here are my thoughts about August 2015’s Glambox :
1) Oil Control Water Cushion by The Face Shop – Cushion is the next generation makeup!. This product is definitely so unique. This is not just any ordinary makeup, it is actually 80% makeup and 20% skincare!. As the name itself states, this is a foundation that ultimately serves the purpose of controlling oil. Being one with Normal / Dry skin, this isn’t a product for me. However, for the sake of this review, I tried it 🙂
First things first, we just cannot skip the beautiful compact it comes in!. It’s a piece of beauty. There is a small button on the side, which when pressed releases a clasp and let’s you open the lid. There is a lovely mirror and you can see a thick yet soft sponge with The Face Shop written on it kept on a secondary lid. Once you lift that lid, you can see the MicroFoam cushion that holds the makeup. It has a lovely texture and is amazingly soft. When you press your finger or the sponge into it, it dispenses just the right amount of foundation and avoids any wastage.
Even though the sponge looks dark, the product is pretty light colored (This might not show well in the pic I clicked). As far as I know, this comes in two shades and I got the lighter one in my box. It’s V201 Apricot Beige. It’s a pale shade.
Now on to my experience with it : It has a lovely, light and pleasant smell. It goes on easily on the skin. It’s texture is very light and feels fresh. It is definitely long lasting since it’s waterproof. I sweated through it and still it didn’t budge from my face. It has SPF 50+ which is great. Other than the fact that it’s an extremely light shade for me, it has a touch of blue tint and I felt it’s because of the SPF in it. It reminded me of the bluish tint I got from a sunscreen I used to use in the past. This product gives a smudge free, even coverage. You kind of need to work fast with it since once applied it doesn’t budge at all. Also, I felt it gives light to medium coverage. It gives a matte finish which is great for those with oily skin. This is definitely not a product for those with dry skin but since I tried it on, I gotta write about it and it is that this foundation settles into any dry spot you have on your face. It enhances that dry patch you just might be trying to cover up. So, my final verdict : A great product, probably a must have, for those with oily skin 🙂
This is the only full sized product in the box. It contains 15 gms and costs AED 120. Not just that, but the box also contains a refill that’s also 15gms!!. What a great value.. If this is your shade and you are oily skinned, you are good to go for a long time!. Refill is easy to use. You can simply pop the empty pan off from the compact and simply pop in the refill pack.
2) L’Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Cream – This is a product that I have tried before, when my brother bought it, but never owned one myself. So, I am glad I got this one in this box. This cream is one that can replace the usage of oil. It provides absolute nutrition for dry hair, which is perfect for me.
This is a very versatile product. It can be used :
● before bathing – (just like an oil) and then you can use shampoo
● during bath – simply apply on shampooed hair and rinse.
● After bath – Apply on wet or dry hair for a smooth look.
I use the third method, on dry hair. It’s non oily texture is wonderful to work with. It instantly gives a beautiful, healthy shine to the hair. It has a creamy texture that is of medium consistency and is white in color.
I am loving this product and this is definitely one item that I would purchase a full size of, once this deluxe sample gets over. The sample in the box contains 125 ml. It’s full size version (200 ml) costs AED 25.
3) Wild Turmeric Gentle Clarifying face wash by VLCC – It’s my first time trying this product. It claims to cleanse, protect and moisturize skin. It contains Wild Turmeric extracts, Arjuna Bark extracts and Pure Honey. It has the look and texture of honey actually. It’s of medium consistency. A little goes a long way and it thoroughly cleanses the face removing all impurities and revealing healthy, soft skin. It isn’t drying at all. I quite love it. I am not a fan of it’s scent though. It smells like soap and turmeric mixed together. However, it is a soap free cleanser.
The sample in the box came in a little tube containing 15 ml. It’s full size version (150 ml) costs AED 23.
4) FlowerByKenzo L’Elixir perfume sample – This perfume by Kenzo smells light, pleasant and refreshing. The main notes that I get on first whiff are orange blossom and rose with a mild note of raspberry. I am in love with the miniature bottle it comes in!. It’s tall, dark red in color and has a golden flower on it. It’s a gorgeous smell and one I would like to own a full size of one day.
The sample in the box has 4 ml and it’s full sized version (100 ml) costs AED 420.
The box came with 2 vouchers and 2 leaflets. First leaflet contains information about The Face Shop’s Cushion makeup and the second one has information about iSpa.
● AED 50 Gift card to iSpa – This card can be used towards any iSpa service on a minimum spend of AED 150. Visit their site to see their service menu. The iSpa girls can even come to your home and do home service, which is very convenient!.
● Voucher to Cryo – A 20% discount off all CRYO treatments at CryoHealth, Jumeirah Emirates Towers. Visit their site to know more.
You guys know a Glambox subscription costs AED 71 per month. Look at the value of everything in this box!. It exceeds the actual price of the box. Look at the three subscription options and subscribe to Glambox today itself!. Overall, am impressed with August’s Glambox. It has the right mixture of makeup, haircare, skincare and a perfume sample too ♡
Stand a chance to win November’s Glambox or a random Glambox as part of my birthday giveaway!. Ends November 12th, 2015. Enter here.
Note: This Glambox was sent to me for review purposes. All opinions are 100% my own.