Last month, Lottie of Book Adoration nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award and man, I am humbled. To know that my posts (atleast some of them) inspire at least someone out there in this world, makes me truly happy.
The Rules to accept the award –
Display the award badge on your blog
Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award
Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post
Post 7 interesting things about yourself
Seven interesting things about me!
1) In 2004, the eleventh president of India, Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam, visited a prominent school in Dubai, gave inspiring speeches and interacted with the students of that school plus selected students from all other schools in the whole of UAE. From my school in Abu Dhabi, only 20 students were selected. 10 boys and 10 girls. These students were selected on the basis of their academic excellence and overall good behavior. I am proud to say that I was one of those 10 selected girls!
2) I have a repeated dream. It keeps coming to me and I have no idea why. I am walking through a park and I find coins (Dirhams – the local currency of UAE) lying around in the grass. I pick them up and keep discovering more!.
3) I am extremely bad at Maths!. I need a calculator ALWAYS. Sometimes I think I am like Joey from Friends!
4) I am a big time foodie. I love trying all kinds of food, whatever cuisines it maybe. But I strictly don’t like sushi, shark and liver.
5) I have no dress sense at all. I suck at it :(. I feel real bad about it. But well, some things just can’t be developed I guess or I need professional help…
See, even Tom & Jerry don’t know what to wear when!
6) I am afraid of hospitals/doctors. I have never been admitted there or anything. But the thought of waiting for the doctor, in a room full of patients with God-knows-what-kind-of-diseases, makes me utterly sick. Hospital is synonymous with being unhealthy and also deaths. By the time I get out of a hospital, I feel more sick actually!. Doctors do good. I have nothing against them (Infact my cousin is a doctor and I am so proud of him!) but hospitals.. *ughhh*…
7) I have had the same set of friends since my childhood!. One of my two best friends is the one I have known since I was 10 years old. The other one is someone I know since 2004 (Both of them were also selected to meet the President from our school!. I have such brilliant friends :)). I don’t make new friends now a days in real life. But of late, I have made many new friends from all over the world, via cyber space thanks to blogging. That’s why I love blogging!!
I have only four nominations:
1) Dubai Confidential is a UAE based site hosted by 5 people. Their posts feature things in Dubai which you would never find out otherwise. They are too good and their posts are very inspirational.I absolutely love them!!
2) Praseena of Coral Crue is very inspiring because she is a strong person and I highly respect her for that. She had to face some tough times recently but she faced them bravely. I love her posts too. She has a variety of posts up of her site!
3) Christina of Ensconced in YA is very inspiring because she is a writer and her love for books is something that I share too. You can read her three fantastic creations by clicking here. My favorite story is The Perfect Day. All stories require less than 5 minutes to read. So do check them out!
4) Theresa McClinton is one of my favorite authors and I find her truly inspiring. She stays in touch with her fans/friends via Facebook/Twitter even though she has a really busy life with three children and has the most fantastic imagination EVER. I know that she has been awarded this award already by someone else but that doesn’t stop me from doing it again!
I hope you guys liked reading this post. Let me know in the comments below :). Once again, Lottie, thank you so much!!