Today I want to introduce you to a worry free brand of Ayurvedic babycare products that I am absolutely loving at the moment, Mother Sparsh, which literally means Mother’s Touch.
They make 8 products in all and I will be reviewing 7 of them. So, here goes :
● 98% Water baby wet wipes – This product is quite innovative and one to definitely try out. Usually baby wipes are loaded with parabens and have a high alcohol content in them. However, this one has 98% water in it, is paraben free and thus is the purest wipes ever!
The material of the wipe is light & a stretchy kind. It says on the pack that it is ‘Non woven Spunlace fabric’. It has Aloe Vera extract in it, is pH balanced and enriched with vitamin E. It has extra moisture in it & does an excellent job of cleaning, while imparting a pleasant scent.
I love that each time a wipe is pulled, it brings up an individual wipe rather than pulling up the next one half way with it. This helps in handling the wipes one handed.
Price : Rs 185 for a pack containing 80 wipes. However, as an introductory offer, the price is Rs 150 now.
● Baby Massage oil (Lal tail) – Lal tail translates to ‘red oil’. This one smells absolutely phenomenal thanks to the wonderful blend of different Ayurvedic Herbs & oil. It mainly contains Sesame oil (which is known to improve blood circulation & strength of whole body) & Sankhpushpi (which has a calming effect).
This is a great massage oil & can be used on the scalp too. It comes in a easy to handle flip open plastic bottle.
Price : Rs 96 for a 100ml bottle.
Currently though, there is an offer whereby you can get a baby lotion (40 ml) worth Rs 34, free with a Lal tail.
● Baby lotion – Out of all the Mother Sparsh products, this one’s scent is my favorite. It is so pleasant & refreshing. It contains mainly Olive oil & Aloe Vera.
The lotion is white in color and very runny in consistency. It is so moisturizing and leaves the baby’s skin pleasantly scented and soft.
The full sized product that they sell comes in a bottle. However, the one that I am reviewing, is the 40ml sample that came with the Lal tail. It came in a tube. Tubes are great for creams & for something as runny as this lotion, this tube is a wrong choice of packaging. There is literally no control over how much product can be dispensed with each squeeze. It just spurts out. I wish they used a mini bottle for packaging this sample.
Price : Rs 85 for a full sized 100 ml bottle.
● Baby body wash – This is a straw colored, lightly viscous liquid gel that mainly contains Olive & Turmeric. It has a soapy kind of smell which is OK. Turmeric helps fight infections & such. It lathers lightly and a little goes a long way. It comes in a flip open bottle, which is convenient to use during bath time. I liked it a lot.
Price : Rs 85 for a 100 ml bottle.
● Baby powder – This one contains Tulsi & Aloe Vera. The powder is very fine and easy to spread on the skin. However, I am not that keen about it’s scent. It’s Ayurvedic like but way too strong.
The product might be working well on the baby’s skin due to the Ayurvedic content in it but the smell is quite off-putting. The container that it comes in has three indentations on each side of it so that it’s easy to grab onto it. That’s quite nice.
Price – Rs 62 for a 100 gms container.
● Baby soap – This is a white colored, beautifully scented bar uof soap. It contains Almond oil & Olive oil. It lathers quite well and leaves the baby smelling great. It is quite dense and not the kind that melts away fast.
Price : Rs 48 for a 75 gms bar
● Gripe water – This is an all natural choice for stomach discomfort, gas, colic, teething and hiccups. I have used gripe water in the past. Mother Sparsh’s gripe water contains Saunf (Fennel) & Pudina (Mint). It’s a straw colored liquid with a medicinal scent.
It can be given to even newborn babies. My son is nearing 2 years old and for that age it says here on the pack that they can be given 10 ml 3 times per day. But, I give it to him only when I feel he has a discomfort.
Price : Rs 55 for a bottle containing 130 ml
Mother Sparsh products are alcohol free, parabens free, phthalate free & worry free. All products have a different color on their respective packaging and are easy on the eyes & pleasant. Overall, I find this brand budget friendly & trust worthy. You should definitely try it out.
These products can be bought online from Firstcry.com, Amazon India & Flipkart. Check out Mother Sparsh’s site for more details.
Note : These products were sent to me for review purposes. All opinions are 100% honest & my own.