Hope you guys had a lovely April. I had quite a nice one. It was my father’s 61st birthday this month :). Touchwood!. In February, when I took a cake to my parent’s home for Valentine’s day, my father mentioned to me that he absolutely loved it because though it’s chocolate goodness, it doesn’t seem overly sweet. Being a diabetic, he is concerned about his sugar intake. He had asked me more about it like where I bought it and all that. It was very clear that he loved it. So, for his birthday, I got the same cake again :). He was totally surprised. It’s a chocolate milk cake from Hot Breads, Sharjah.
Also, I bought a new mobile this month!. I am not crazy about changing my mobiles often like how some people are and I am so not a gadget freak. So, after three years of being faithful to my Nokia X2-00, I moved on to Nokia X, which is the latest Android phone from Nokia.
I went for a totally funky color – GREEN!. There were many other color options. I think this mobile is really nice. The scrolling and swiping movements are really smooth and overall it’s very user friendly. For a latest Android phone in the market, you would be surprised to hear it’s price. It’s AED439 only!. I bought it from Carrefour, Mirdif City Center, Dubai.
Onto my April favorites :
1) Camila of Titi Crafty did a post on how to make Family Style Homemade Hash browns and it literally had me drolling over the pix!!. I love Hash browns from McDonalds though I have never tried making it at home. This would be a great recipe that anyone could try out.
3) Heather Von St. James has launched a page to spread awareness about Mesothelioma. Mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer that develops from cells of the mesothelium, the protective lining that covers many of the internal organs of the body. Mesothelioma is most commonly caused by exposure to asbestos. Heather was exposed to asbestos from her father’s work jacket when she was a little girl. After 30 years, she was diagnosed with this cancer. She was given only 15 months to live. However, she beat the odds and she is still here eight years after she was diagnosed of it!!. She is a true survivor. She launched this page to spread awareness about this dangerous form of cancer and I would love it if you check out the page and also spread word about it!
4) Monica of Impressions of a Princess had the chance to live out a dream every girl would have dreamt about, after watching Ariel, in Walt Disney’s Little Mermaid!. I simply couldn’t believe it. It’s just so stunning and such a unique experience. It took place at Manila Ocean park, Philippines. Click here to read about her experience being a mermaid for a few hours 🙂
1) Sally of Giveaways Galore mentioned me quite a few times this month!. She mentioned my March Glambox review, reblogged my second blog anniversary giveaway, did a post when she won in that same giveaway, linked up my gift exchange post with her, did a post showing the things I gave her as part of the gift exchange and also linked my Prize received post. [Update] She even reblogged this very same post just now!. Thanks so much Sally ♥.
3) Sarah of Blend N Smack nominated me for Very Inspiring Blogger Award!. I am humbled really. Thanks Sarah. However, I wont be posting an acceptance post because I have been awarded this last year and I had done a post then. Click here if you wish to read it!
5) Irene of Drab to Fab, mentioned my post about Dove’s range in her post titled Moisture Madness #2. She covers some great (and no so great!) moisturizing finds and did nice and short reviews on them. Do check it out.
That’s all for now, dear friends!. I hope you have a marvelous May ahead of you ♥