I am super excited to review July’s Glambox. There are some amazing goodies this month!. On to this month’s awesome box:
There are 3 full size products this month and 3 samples:
1) Max factor X Excess Volume Extreme Impact Mascara in Black : This is the latest mascara from Max Factor. I love mascaras and this one quickly has become my favorite at the moment!. It’s double ended with one brush giving you extreme volume and the other giving a dark lacquer look. The former brush is very thick with the spikes on the wand very close together to give you maximum volume and the latter has uniformly spaced brush that intensifies the look you created with the former brush.
It really elongates your natural lashes and is totally clump free. I had read some reviews even before trying this product out where people said this was a nightmare to remove from your lashes, even leading to lash shedding during the process. I was really skeptical then!. So I tried two different removers on different occasions. One is Bioderma’s Sensibio H2O, which I had received in a Glambox itself earlier and the other was Garnier’s makeup remover milk. Both worked great!. I used cotton pads and a cotton swab to remove it well.
The one problem I do have is that the tube is one of the chunkiest I have seen and applying with it, particularly on my left eye is a bit tough. This mascara containing 20ml is worth AED77. This one product itself cover’s the entire box’s price (If you subscribe to Glambox, each box works out to be about AED71 per month).
2) Olay Total Effects Stretch n Fit Cloth masks : I am a HUGE fan of Olay Total Effects (Please stay tuned for my skincare routine next month!) and use several of their products. However, I am not a fan of masks like this in general and thus never bought this. So it’s awesome I got to give it a try like this!.
I should say I am quite surprised!. I love this mask. The face shaped cloth mask can be really stretched and made to fit your face shape and the best part is you can even walk around with it, without fearing it will fall off your face!. It stays put.There is always the option of just closing your eyes and relaxing for the entire time it’s on, like I did :).
You are supposed to apply it for 15 minutes. The mask is soaking wet and the serum on it is an anti-oxidant rich cocktail that in the 15 mins time mentioned, gives your face a youthful, plump, fresh and smooth look. It really delivers it’s promise. Once the mask is off, you don’t need to rinse it off. You can take a cotton pad and dab the excess amount away. If you love masks or a quick youthful at-home face treatment, I highly recommend this!.
The box contains 3 masks and is worth AED53.50.
3) Pantene Pro – V Hair Rescue Ampoules (a.k.a 1 minute wonder ampoules) : This is also one of the products I always saw on the shelves when I went out shopping but never bought. So, yay for finding it in this month’s Glambox!.
This little box contains three ampoules/tubes each containing 15ml of serum, that is supposed to repair severe damage in 1 minute. The serum is white in color and a great consistency to spread onto wet hair. To use this, you have to shampoo and condition your hair, wring out the excess water from your hair and then spread onto that wet hair. It works almost immediately and you can rinse off after 1 minute. The knots in your hair go away and overall, your hair becomes manageable!. You got to use only one tube per wash and once per week. The 15ml of product is actually more than enough to coat your entire hair and I have quite long hair!.
After my first use, I found my hair looked shiny but a bit on the dry side, as if I had over-shampooed my hair. So, next time, I used only half the amount of shampoo and conditioner when compared to the normal amount I use and then applied it. This time, it worked well. So, I suggest you use it with a mild shampoo. The result is manageable, glossy and smooth looking hair!. This box is worth AED21.
4) Sample of Especially Escada Elixir : This is unquestionably one of the best perfume samples I have ever got. When I smelt this for the first time, I realized that I had been sticking to just one class of scents all my life. This was just an entirely different class, so different from the kinds I usually like but still I fell in love!!. Ah-mazing smell ♥. I would definitely try to get a full size version of this. Oh!. It’s a heavenly smelling perfume, which came in a mini spray bottle containing 2ml. I found it to be perfect for evening wear and really long lasting.
It’s main notes are Turkish rose, Ylang-ylang and accords of prune and fresh plums, laid on the base of Patchouli, Madagascar Vanilla, White musk, Dry amber and Cashmere (This info is from Google.. obviously!)
5) Sample of Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Complex : This is a 7ml tube containing a really nice smelling cream. It gets absorbed fast and has a silky feel to it. Also, has a slightly plumping effect I feel. Olay Regenerist range of products is more suitable for people who have crossed age 30, so I had never tried any of the creams from that range yet.
6) Sample of Eau De Lacoste Sensuelle : This is a good scent. It contains soft floral notes and is very mild. I love the full size bottle pictured on the packaging. The sample contains 2ml.
If you loved this box, then you still have time until July 12th, 2014 to subscribe to Glambox!
#giftofglam is a fantastic initiative from Glambox!. Click a pic of your July Glambox and upload it onto Glambox’s Twitter and tag it #giftofglam. For each pic uploaded with that tag, Glambox will donate 5 boxes to women’s charities this Ramadan and Eid!!. What a lovely gesture from Glambox. Keep up the amazing work!
If you are still awaiting your July Glambox, leave me a comment below and tell me which one of these products are you most excited about and looking forward to trying?.
Note: I was provided this box for review purpose and all opinions are 100% my own.