I am back with another haul from my favorite online shopping site – iHerb!. This time I bought a variety of items. Here they are:
1) Indigo Wild Zum Soap Lover’s Gift Box – My mom is a huge fan of Bath & Beauty items. Her birthday is coming up next month and what better gift than a Soap Lover’s gift box?. Indigo Wild produces soaps, mists and other body care products containing no parabens, sulfates, phthalates, preservatives, detergents, synthetic fragrances or colorings. It really appealed to me. Goat’s milk soap has many benefits. It delays signs of skin aging due to its high content of alpha-hydroxy acids, has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties (making it perfect for those with acne) and is loaded with vitamins that are easily absorbed into our bodies.
This box contains 10 items and they are:
- Three Goat’s Milk soap bars, each 3 oz (85 gms) and having different and exotic smells like Frankincense-Lavender, Eucalyptus and Tangerine-Orange.
- Three All-Natural Aromatherapy Laundry Soap, each 30 ml, with scents namely Sweet Orange, Frankincense & Myrrh and Eucalyptus-Citrus
- Three liquid soaps, with scents namely Lemon Grass, Rosemary-Mint and Frankincense & Myrrh
- One sachet of goat milk bar shavings, which can be used to keep anywhere to take away bad odor like stinky drawers or a stuffy closet.
These smell heavenly and was the first thing I could register when I opened my iHerb package. This is such a perfect gift for those who love bath and beauty products.
Price: $22 (AED 80.81). That’s how much I paid. However, currently there is a promotion and as such it is $20.55 (AED 75.48)
Talking about gifts, iHerb has put together an amazing selection of gift sets for just about anyone in your life, be it men, children, makeup lovers, tea lovers or anyone, in anticipation of the Holiday season ahead of us. Do check it out!
2) 100% Raw Manuka Honey, Active 16+ by Wedderspoon Organic Inc. – I have been wanting to try Manuka honey for so long now. It is a monofloral (means bees get the honey from only one kind of plant species) honey from New Zealand. It is high in anti-bacterial properties making it an excellent product for wound care, skincare and for digestion. So basically, you can eat it, apply it on your face as a soothing face mask (it makes your skin really soft and glowing) and also apply on wounds to help it heal faster.
Since Manuka honey is so rare, it is pretty expensive. I have seen many kinds here in UAE. Were it not so expensive, I would definitely have bought different brands to find out which one is the best. However, that’s just wishful thinking!. Since, I did decide to invest money in it, I thought why not go for the best?. Wedderspoon is a really raved about brand. So I bought the one with the highest Active number, which is 16+ from their range. Active number shows the peroxide activity rate. In layman’s terms, it just means higher the number the better. It starts from 5. But if you are looking for honey to use in wound care, you should definitely aim for 10+.
During my researches on which honey I should go for, I did come across a particular article which said any company could put any ‘Active’ number on their label and what you really should look for is the UMF rating. UMF stands for Unique Manuka Factor. However, since Wedderspoon is a known brand and there are hundreds of rave reviews on it, I decided to buy it.
Indeed, it has a very unique taste. I would describe it as herbal and woody. It leaves a slightly bitter after taste which goes away within seconds. I really love it. It tastes pretty powerful!. It’s texture is thick, very smooth and almost like a creamy jelly. It’s color is a beautiful golden brown. On the Pfund scale, used to measure the color of honey, I would say, the batch of honey that I received falls in the category between 75 – 85 mm.
It’s perfect to take while having throat infection or cough and it did benefit me. I will be incorporating it into masks and trying some DIY recipes. Will definitely post one soon. I did try it alone on my face and it’s really nice. Skin seemed visibly brightened and softer. Also, while other honeys are a really sticky mess and tough to spread on the skin, this one goes on very smoothly and overall, it’s application is so convenient and easy.
One thing I don’t quite like about it is that it comes in a plastic tub. Usually potent honeys are stored in dark colored glass jars. Wedderspoon uses BPA free plastic tubs. Only positive thing about it is that they won’t break while in transit!. I definitely do recommend this brand anyway, because the quality of the honey is great!
Price: $40.86 (AED 150.08) for a tub containing 500 gms, which is pretty good pricing considering Manuka honey with Active 15+ rating usually sells for about AED195, here in UAE. Thanks to my friend Abidha for mentioning that to me.
3) Snackimals Animal Chocolate Chip cookies by Barbara’s Bakery : I love chocolate chip cookies. That being said, I actually feel extremely guilty when saying this… I didn’t buy this for myself. I bought it for my little nephew but ended up eating it since that particular weekend that they were supposed to come visit me from Abu Dhabi, they didn’t and the thought that there is a large pack of chocolate chip cookies in my cupboard just didn’t let me think of anything else!. OMG!. How bad am I??. But I also thought, “Hey, I never tested it out. I should probably test it out and only if it’s good I’ll get it for my nephew”. Man, it’s scrumptious!. Such a lovely pack of animal shaped cookies, that is made from organic grains.
It’s thin but sturdy and crunchy. Since’s it not chewy and rich, you don’t feel guilty at all!. But I got to say it’s not low in calories. You can see tiny sugar crystals on the backside of the cookies, if you notice that in the picture above. One serving, which is 10 cookies contains 120 calories. The problem is that you wouldn’t stop with 10 cookies. I bet you, you wouldn’t even count :P. It’s really yum and a great snack for kids and adults too. My husband who doesn’t even like cookies, loved it!. It comes in a good quality resealable pack, ensuring freshness every time, not that you will need it anyway. The pack will be over in one sitting! I will definitely buy this one again and I will be buying one for my little nephew too 🙂
Price : $4.46 (AED 16.38) for a pack containing 213 gms.
4) Exfoliating Serum by Mad Hippie Skincare : I came across the brand Mad Hippie by chance on iHerb one day. When I searched more about it, the more I understood that they incorporate really potent active ingredients into their skincare line. Even their motto is “Advanced skincare”. Usually brands incorporate one or two active ingredients in their products. But this particular serum contains a stunning number of 16 actives!. I love serum like nothing else. They are powerful and penetrate into the deeper layers of our skin. Once I try this product out properly, I will post a detailed review about it.
Price : $27.99 (AED 102.81)
5) Traditional Italian Risotto by Lundberg : I love risotto and though I don’t know how to make it, I have had it several times in hotels. So, when I saw an option to make it at home easily out of a packet, I went for it :). I love mushrooms. So I went for the Porcini Mushroom option.
Inside the box, there were two packets. One containing Italian Arborio rice (1/4 cup) and the other containing seasoning and pieces of Porcini mushroom. All you got to do is sauté the rice in 1/2 tbsp. olive oil, then add 2.5 cups of water and mix the seasoning in it. Once it boils, reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes. It’s ready to serve!. It’s that easy.
The result was quite good. In between the cook, I tasted it and felt it needed more salt. Adding it at that time meant it really got absorbed by the rice. The final product tasted good. I got to say though that in the seasoning, there is butter and dried onion among other ingredients. It tasted a bit too strongly of those two. Once prepared, it amounts to 1 cup of risotto. I couldn’t finish it one go, since I felt it to be pretty heavy. I kept it covered in the fridge and reheated it the next day. I felt it tasted better the next day!. I do recommend this easy and convenient product.
Price : $3.43 (AED 12.60)
6) Dark Chocolate Fusion by The Tea Room : Once I read the concept of this brand, I fell in love with it. The makers of this brand love tea and chocolate. So, they decided to infuse tea into chocolate!. What a novel idea!. Each bar of chocolate contains 1 cup of tea in it. They have infused different types of teas into dark chocolates containing varying degrees of cacao in it.
I bought two bars. First one is Dark Chocolate Fusion with Mate & Cacao nibs, which contains 72% cacao from Europe, organic yerba mate tea from South America, and organic cacao nibs from Ecuador. It tastes very smooth and nice. I have never tasted yerba mate tea. So, I guess the foreign taste it has is of the tea. There are minute pieces of cacao nibs in it which contributes towards the rich and intense experience, that is having this bar of chocolate.
The second bar is Dark Chocolate Fusion with Raspberry Rooibos, which contains 60% cacao from Europe, and organic red raspberry rooibos tea from South Africa. OMG!. This one is absolutely delicious. I love the intense berry taste of this one.
Overall, the dark chocolate is tasty and so smooth. The bars are covered in a wrap. As soon as you open it, the smell is really inviting. iHerb takes care not to ship out chocolates in hot months. My bars were soft when it arrived. I popped it immediately in the fridge. As you can see, my bars have maintained their structure.
I highly recommend this brand and eventually I hope to try out their other great flavors like Black Masala Chai from India and Lapsang Souchong tea from Fujian in future.
Price : $2.99 (AED 10.98) for each bar, containing 1.8 oz (51 gms)
7) E.L.F Clarifying Pressed powder in Spice : This pressed powder is quite OK. When you apply it, immediately the lack of quality can be felt. The formulation isn’t really great. But when you pay less, that’s all you should expect!. Positives are many though. It’s perfect for someone who is just beginning to collect makeup and is looking for budget friendly options. It takes away any oily sheen on the skin and really mattifies. It also gives a natural look to the face. It’s coverage is low. So, it’s definitely not for someone who even expects medium coverage. For the amount paid, it’s definitely OK and perfect to carry in your purse for touch ups.
It comes in cute and handy compact, with a white powder puff. I got it in the color Spice. There are a variety of shades and Spice is color just below the darkest one which is Toffee.
Price : $1.99 (AED 7.31).
During the month of October, there was a promotion going on whereby if your order is over $40, you get a 10% discount. So, I got a discount of $10.67 (AED 39.19)!. I got a cute little notepad and pencil too in my package.
iHerb always has some promotion or the other going on in addition to the discounts they give on each product. I just love this site!. You can save so much, while doing your normal shopping.
The shipping cost was $13.74 (AED 50.47). This time my order took two days to process and less than two days to reach my doorstep in UAE, from US. I love DHL and I am so glad iHerb has teamed up with them. They move so fast!
Overall, I am love with the things I bought this time. Once again, I highly suggest this site to you. They ship worldwide, ultra fast.
Use the code SCZ695 at checkout to receive upto $10 off your first transaction with them!