Being a mom is keeping me busy literally 24/7!. That’s why my reviews are being kept pending :(. So, though late, here are my thoughts on December’s Glambox.
1) L’occitane Verbena soap with Shea butter – This is my first time trying a soap by L’occitane. It is extra gentle and has a beautifully pleasant citrus scent. It lathers just the right amount. Majority of the ingredients in it are organic. It comes in an eco friendly packaging, which is great. This is a full size product, being 100 gms. I really loved it.
2) Bee Venom mask by Abeeco – Bee venom’s usage in skincare is creating quite the ‘buzz’. Apparently bee venom is nature’s botox!. It fools your skin to think it has been stung by a bee and blood is sent rushing to that area, which in turn enhances the production of collagen & elastin, thus making the skin look plump & youthful. Prolonged use will help in anti-aging and getting rid of fine lines. Since the dosage of bee venom in such products is less, it doesn’t actually sting your skin.
I have been eyeing a pretty popular product which has bee venom in it. But it’s price had me doubting whether to invest in it or not. So imagine my surprise when I saw this product in the box. Finally am getting to try out a product with bee venom in it!.
The verdict?. I freaking love it!. Even from the very first use I could tell a difference. It instantly tightens the pores thus making the skin look super smooth. Also, skin feels so soft. This Abeeco product is multi purpose. It can either be used as a mask or a night cream. If using as a mask, you can apply it and wash it off after 20 mins. If using as a cream, just apply and leave it overnight. I haven’t used it as a mask because obviously it feels so wrong to wash off such a wonderful product after just 20 mins. Lol 😀 .
It has a light scent & a lovely, not-so-thick, creamy consistency. It spreads easily so a little goes a long way. Before trying such a product, a patch test is highly recommended to make sure you aren’t allergic to it. The sample came in a bottle with a convenient pump, containing 15 gms. This product is paraben free & contains Lavender oil, Jojoba oil & Manuka oil. This is made in New Zealand with premium local bee venom. Now I know I should definitely invest in bee venom products..
3) Parachute Gold – This is Parachute’s latest variant. This coconut oil is golden in color. It smells so divine just like home made coconut oil. The sample contains 50 ml which is a great size to try out. I been using this for a while and quite like it.
4) FreshLook Colorblends contact lens – I am super excited about this product. I got it in the color Pure Hazel, which is one of those colors which look very flattering on Indian skintone.
However, I can’t review this yet since this is a one time use only lens and I would like to wear it for some special occasion. So I will review this in a separate post in the near future.
5) Misa Nail Lacquer – It’s the first time am hearing about the brand Misa. This nail polish is such a fantastic shade of red, I am so in love with it. It’s the shade 229 Red Pumps in the Nordstrom. Since it’s a nail lacquer, the sheen it leaves on the nails is absolutely gorgeous. The sample came in a 8 ml bottle. Misa is free of chemicals & toxins and all their colors are 5-free, durable, long lasting & easy to remove. For me, it lasted a week without chipping. I love it’s glossy look. It’s a brand you must try!
6) Pure Organic Shea Butter by Shea Butter DXB – A little container full of unrefined Shea butter which is made in Africa but packaged in UAE. Shea butter is a multi purpose product. I am currently using it as a lip balm and also on my heels to prevent them from cracking. Since it’s unrefined and has no additives at all, it has a very earthy scent. I really like this product.
7) Biore Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips – I got 2 of these in the box stuck inside a brochure which lists all the benefits of the product & shows the Biore range of Charcoal incorporated products. This easy to use charcoal strips are supposed to draw out & trap skin impurities for a deep clean for all your pores. As a proof you can see white pore plugs on the black strip (disgusting yet oddly satisfying!).
As per my own experience, as soon as you apply the strip, there is a tingling sensation. On removing it after the required 10 minutes, I found that the skin around my nose feels extremely smooth. I didn’t find any white pore plugs on my strips, but that could because I have a pretty fantastic (not boasting) skincare routine that helps keep my skin clean.
Onto vouchers & brochures
● A flyer about Shea Butter DXB which when presented at their store, will make you eligible to get 2 Jars of Shea butter for AED 200
● Dermalogica gift voucher of 150 Dhs off towards any of their 60/75 minute services
● Brochure about IBX System & gift voucher for a free IBX Treatment session with any manicure and pedicure
● Discount code which gives 50% off on Vaniday
● Brochure about Abeeco Bee venom mask listing all it’s ingredients & their benefits.
● A card about Misa
● Discount code which gives 25% off at I Saw It First, a shopping site.
● A gorgeous brochure about Parachute Gold
I am absolutely in love with December’s Glambox. It had the right mix of products be it skincare related, hair related or even bath related. Why don’t you look at the three subscription options and subscribe to Glambox today itself!.
Note: This Glambox was sent to me for review purposes. All opinions are 100% honest & my own.