I mainly designed this post for guys, even though I know that my reader base is mostly women. But it makes it easier for me to state what a woman would possibly want rather than what a gift guide for a guy on Valentine’s day would be because I suck at gifting guys any way!. Gadgets, perfumes, shirts, ties or pens. What more can you possibly gift a guy?. (Guys reading this, do leave a comment and let me know what you like to be gifted. I would LOVE to know). Also, even if you are reading this and you are a female, there is no problem gifting one of these to yourself yeah?. It’s always nice to pamper yourself!
Anyways so Valentine’s day is just 10 days away. There are a zillion possible ways to make a woman happy, but these according to me, tops it without drilling a huge hole in your pocket.
1) A one year membership to Glambox : What is Glambox?. It is a monthly delivery service where each month a box filled with deluxe sized beauty products (curated according to your personal needs, which means if you have normal skin, you will have products designed for that skin type, in it). So if someone is gifting it to you, what if they don’t know your skin type or your lifestyle?. Well, no worries on that. The payment is done by the person gifting it, then an email is send by Glambox to the receiver of the gift, who fills in a Beauty profile before getting personalized goodies each month. How exciting is that!
Glambox boasts high end brands like Elizabeth Arden, Bath & Body Works, dermalogica, Elemis, Hello Kitty, Kiehl’s, Lancome, Nina Ricci, Vichy and Urban Decay just to name a few. Imagine these products packed into beautiful boxes and delivered each month to you??. Oh my gosh!. It’s superb.
Price : AED 550/- only ( January’s Glambox contained 5 products worth AED 677!. Click here to see what were those 5 products. So paying AED 550 for an year is a killer offer)
Click here is you wish to gift your loved one this awesome gift!
2) Gift voucher to Zanedo : This is a really nice site which has everything from skincare, cosmetics, perfume gift sets to jewelry. Even this particular site has Beauty Box delivery service. It costs AED 759 for an yearly membership. The site even has a Men’s section, so ladies, you can get a voucher for the man in your life, too.
As long as your gift voucher is anywhere between AED1 to AED1000, you are good to go.
Click here to be directed to the gifting page!
3) Al Shaya gift card : It is a gift card with a validity of 12 months and is the perfect way to treat people who love shopping, eating out or meeting up with friends. It is accepted widely across a number of stores like Debenhams, next, Topshop, H &M, Victoria’s Secret, claire’s, Vavavoom, MAC, Bath & Body Works, Boots (my personal favorite out of it all!), Shake Shack, Starbucks, Al Forno and Potbelly Sandwich shop to name a few.
There is no minimum or maximum limit to the amount that you can load to the card. One the amount is over, you can top up and it will be valid for another 12 months.
Al Shaya gift cards are available at all the stores mentioned above (basically where ever they are supposed to be accepted)!.. Go on, spoil your loved ones 🙂
4) Perfumes : The allure that perfumes hold. Oh my god!.. I personally can never get enough of perfumes. I just love them!.
A very well known online site for perfume shopping is Purple Perfume. Even the site, Essential Mall has perfumes listed there. If you wish to go offline shopping, I would say, Paris Gallery is simply the best.
My personal suggestions of light and floral yet sensual scents are :
a) Hypnose by Lancome – Used to own this. This is by far an AMAZING smell. Saying that it’s sensual and hypnotic, would be the understatement of the year.
I believe it’s AED 150 for 30ml. (I tried calling Paris gallery to get more info on the price of 100ml and to confirm the price I gave you, but no luck. Calls simply don’t go through)
b) Bombshell by Victoria’s secret – would love to own it. I tried it once at the store and it smelled nothing less than heavenly.
It’s AED 325 for 100ml & AED 245 for 50ml.
c) Timebomb – Used to own it. Perfumes don’t have to be damn expensive to smell great. This is the perfect example for that. By the way, this is a pour homme perfume :). But I love it any way.
I used to buy it from KM Trading for AED 30 for 100ml.
5) The classic red roses : I am not talking about just one. If you really wanna make an impression, a dozen red roses would be amazing. I personally actually don’t care so much for this, though I would be flattered if I got it. Flowers say a lot but they wilt away pretty soon but at the same time cost a hell lot. I wouldn’t want something that would stay just 4 days.
I found a nice site online, where you can buy roses, chocolate and such. No personal experience with this site but it looks good enough. Offline, I would say Jenny flowers are good to deal with. I had bought some flowers and such 2 months ago from them.
6) A handbag – A woman can never have too many handbags!. However, while getting this one, it’s best you try to pry around to find her liking in bags because it matters A HELL LOT!. Atleast for me it does. The size and material is key. Here is a dream bag of any girl!. A Louis Vuitton :
Namshi, Reebonz and Sukar are great places to find nice designer bags.
7) Jewelry : You simply can’t go wrong with this!. But this too requires knowledge about what color, particularly colors like silver or gold, your partner prefers. Also whether they like simple or chunky ones.
There are always great deals on Cobone or Groupon which allows you to have great jewelry items for say half it’s price or so.
8) Dinner : It doesn’t have to be candle – lit, but treating your loved one to a lovely dinner would be really appreciated. Your partner would love it!.
Choose a restaurant that you normally wouldn’t go to (probably because it’s a more expensive restaurant or it’s simply located inside a hotel or so). That kind of change must be there so that your special day doesn’t seem like any other normal dinner night.
I guess that’s 8 of my top picks :)… Hope you enjoy and have a lovely time with your loved ones this Valentine’s. Ladies, make sure your guys see this post. They might get a hint :P… Oh but wait, guys aren’t so great at taking hints are they??. Haha. But nothing wrong in trying!
Note : Don’t forget to checkout my UAE only giveaway going on right now until Feb 7th by clicking here.