Though late, here are my thoughts on February’s Glambox 🙂
It contained the following products :
1) Hair & Beauty by Edge Hand-tied False Eye Lashes – Everytime I have received false eyelashes for review or as gift, I have passed it on to others, because I don’t wear it. This time though these lashes looked soo amazing, that I decided to try it on. It felt very foreign on my eyelids but it looked really pretty. These are hand tied lashes and looks high quality. It’s light weight. This is the ‘Rockstar’ variant. It has a natural, fluttery-lashes finish. This pack doesn’t come with a glue though. I had to get one and since I couldn’t get an eyelash glue itself easily, I ended up getting and using a Bindi gum. It worked just fine. I have worn it 3 times so far. The below pic is when I wore it for a special occasion.
Just in case you are wondering, I’m wearing Fresh Look Color Blends Pure Hazel contact lenses.
After each use, I cleaned the band using a makeup remover so that all traces of glue are gone. Then I stored it in the same packaging that it came in, so that it retains it’s shape and I can reuse it. If you take good care, a set of lashes, particularly one that’s this high quality, can be reused several times. Even though the resulting look is pretty and feminine, I do find the application of false eyelashes quite cumbersome. Lol!. Those who know how to apply it fast and easily, well, lucky them!
2) Derma E Hydrating Night Crème – I was super excited seeing this product in the box, because I had almost bought this online once but then decided not to get it. However, having tried this from the Glambox, I freaking love it, and next time I need a night cream, I am going to get a full sized one.
This is a cream colored, light weight cream. It smells just like bubblegum and is so wonderfully pleasant. It gets absorbed fast into the skin and is really hydrating. This is a crueltyfree, vegan, paraben free and gluten free product.
3 & 4) Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel & Aloe Bha Skin Toner – These are some Asian skincare samples from the brand Benton. The first one is a 5 ml sample of Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel, that contains Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice 80% and Propolis Extract 10%. It’s a transparent gel that feels so soothing on the skin. I used it as the final step (as a moisturizer) in my skincare routine. It’s supposed to be unscented however I did find that it had a light, peculiar scent. It has a light and non sticky application.
Second one is the Aloe BHA 0.5 Skin toner – This is such a fantastic toner. I got only about 6 uses from the little sample bottle, but even from the very first use I found that even though it’s gentle, it even removes any traces of impurities or makeup that the cleanser might have missed out on. ‘Gentle but pretty powerful’ is how I wish to describe this product. It looks and feels just like water. I disliked it’s smell though. It feels like smelling chemicals. Other than that, it’s an awesome product. Loved it!
5) Atelier Cologne Oud Saphir sample – Oh!. This is probably one of the best Oud perfumes that I have ever tried out. It’s not overpowering at all yet lingers on the skin for a long while. I got 2 samples along with two pretty post cards.
1) A Vaniday gift voucher worth 40% off
2) A gift voucher worth 30% online discount at www.BeautyByEdge.com online store
3) An AED 100 gift voucher to spend at K Lynn Lingerie (on a minimum spend of AED 300).
Overall, I quite liked this box. Be it my first time ever trying Asian skincare or false eyelashes on, I loved my experience with it. Why don’t you look at the three subscription options and subscribe to Glambox today itself?.
Note: This Glambox was sent to me for review purposes. All opinions are 100% honest & my own.