Hi my lovable friends!
When I tried this mask on believe me, I knew then and there that I had to share it with you guys ????
My last DIY haircare mask required 5 ingredients. The one I am going to share now, has only 2 ingredients and the result it gives is fantastic when compared to any other masks I have done so far!
You will need:
2 egg yolks – Our hair is made of proteins and the protein content of the yolk adds strength to the hair follicles, thus making the hair roots stronger. The fatty acids in it brings a natural shine to your hair. It aids in controlling hair loss. I have long hair by the way. So I require 2 egg yolks. If you have shoulder length hair, I believe you will need only 1 egg yolk.
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil – Olive oil is helps hydrate and deep condition you hair. The amount of olive oil depends on the number of yolks you incorporate in the mask. 1 egg yolk ~ 1 tbsp olive oil and so on.
Step by step preparation :
1) Beat the two egg yolks together using either a fork or a whisk, until it becomes a bit frothy like in the photo below.
2) Add two tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to it.
3) Beat the mixture again.
4) Beat it until you get a thick and creamy mixture like below.
How to apply
1) First wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
2) Apply this mixture onto your wet hair gently (I say ‘gently’ because applying something to wet hair is much tougher than applying anything to dry hair. It tends to break faster when it’s wet. So just be gentle!)
3) First apply to the scalp and massage in. Then make sure your entire hair is saturated with this mixture.
4) Pull it up in a loose bun and cover with a shower cap.
5) Wait for 20 mins
6) Wash off with or without a shampoo. I washed really well and I felt the olive oil in it didn’t actually make my hair ‘oily’. So I preferred not to use a shampoo.
7) Do this mask once or twice a week ????
WARNING: This mask STINKS. Such a horrid smell. But the result it gives is fantastic and I don’t mind tolerating the smell for that!.
What is the result you ask?.. SOFT and GLOSSY hair!. You will love how your hair feels. I actually felt like life was injected into my hair. I am loving this mask !!.
Look guys, this is a super simple hair mask. The ingredients are easily available. You have NO EXCUSE whatsoever for not doing this. Show your hair some TLC. Come on. Do it!
So well, I was left with the egg white, which I beat into a frothy mixture.
Initially I thought of making scrambled eggs and eating it. But then I felt like doing a facial with part of it as the batch of my daily anti-oxidant facial had got over. So I simply took about 2 tbsp of the above mixture and applied it onto my face and neck. I kept it on for 10 mins until my skin felt real tight. This mask helps brings glow to your skin. Also it helps shrink the size of the pores on your skin. If you have large pore size, this mask is perfect for you. Gives instant results. Overall, you are left with smooth and soft skin. I suggest this mask once a week.
In the picture above, my mixture seems a bit yellow because I managed to get a few drops of the egg yolk in it!. Clumsy me ????.
If you have acne prone skin, please make sure that you don’t get egg yolk into this mixture because it might break you out.
If you have oily skin, add a few drops of lemon juice to the egg white, beat it together and apply. This helps in controlling the oil in your skin. Also cleanses your skin ????
So that’s it for now. With the rest of the egg white, I made scrambled egg. Hehe.
I just now realized that this is my 50th post. How cool!!
Now that you are here, check out this online site iHerb which ships worldwide. They ship from US to UAE in less than 2 days. Ultimately fast shipping!. They also sell literally everything you need from makeup brushes, cosmetics, natural supplements and even grocery items!. Use the code SCZ695 for a $5 or $10 discount on your first purchase!.
Don’t forget to follow me on Bloglovin or by email (top right hand side)!