Back with another haul from my absolute favorite online site, iHerb!. This time I shopped for my family rather than for myself. Here are the things I bought 🙂
Click this picture if you wish to add everything shown here to your cart in one click.
1) Nature’s Gate body lotion – This body lotion contains colloidal oatmeal and is made especially for itchy, dry and sensitive skin. Oatmeal is a key ingredient that you need to look out for in products targeting dry skin. FYI: Colloidal oatmeal is just oatmeal that has been ground to a fine powder.
The other ingredients in this body lotion are just great as well. That’s what attracted me to buy it for my mom. Here is the list: Shea butter, Sweet almond oil, Apricot Kernel oil, Soybean oil, Canola oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vegetable glycerin and Vitamin E.
All these work towards softening and hydrating your skin. Another great thing is that this brand is free of parabens, phthalate, mineral oil, petrolatum, PEG and fragrances. This brand is also cruelty free, vegan and made in USA. Mom quite loved this product. I tried it out too and it’s very nice. However, there is a natural scent to it which I didn’t like a lot. It might be oats or anther smell. Can’t put my finger on it. But my skin loved it!
The bottle is a sturdy one with a pump. It contains 946 ml and will surely last a long time.
Price: $11.92 (AED 43.78)
2) Jojoba oil by Now Foods – This is a multi – purpose oil. You can use it both in skincare and hair care. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, helps in hair growth, in conditioning the hair, hydrating the skin and also is a great carrier oil. My sister in law has been having excessive hair loss and that’s why she asked me to place an order for this.
It comes in a plastic bottle and easy to dispense lid. Even though it looks like a little bottle, it lasts a long time since I already own the Now Foods Avocado oil which comes in the exact same bottle and is one that I have been using over the past one year. I covered it in my first iHerb haul post.
Price: $11.46 (AED 42.09) for a 118ml bottle. However, since all oils were on 20% off on iHerb during that week, as a weekly offer, I got this for $9.17 (AED 33.68)
I also wanted to highlight something. This particular Jojoba oil is specifically said to be ‘Certified organic’. There is another Jojoba oil listed on the site from the same brand that comes in the same kind of bottle, containing the same amount of oil which just says ‘100% pure’ on it. That one costs $9.93 (AED 36.47) on a regular day and on discount that week, was $7.74 (AED 28.43). However, I felt it was a better decision to go with the ‘certified organic’ version.
3) Rosemary Essential oil – This is one of the most popular essential oils. My sister in law wanted it because when this one is combined with a carrier oil, especially Jojoba oil, it becomes a potent hair care treatment for longer, stronger hair. That is the main purpose she wanted it. However, Rosemary essential oil has numerous other uses too, be it aromatherapy, stress relief or skincare.
It came in a dark brown glass bottle. The scent of it is absolutely amazing. It’s very aromatic, warm, potent and camphorous.
Price: $6.11 (AED 22.44) for a 30 ml bottle. I got 20% off on this oil too :). So, it was $4.89 (AED 17.96)!.
4) Mad Hippie Exfoliating Serum – I bought this in my last iHerb haul. I also reviewed it some days ago. Anyways, my mom really loved how much beneficial this serum has been for my skin. The result was that profound!. So, she wanted one too. Since, it’s anti aging, I felt it would suit my mom’s skin too. So I bought this bottle for her.
Price: $27.99 (AED 102.81) for a 30ml bottle.
5) Snackimals Chocolate Chip cookies by Barbara’s Bakery – I bought this in my last haul too. Remember back then how I shamelessly ate what I had originally bought for my nephew?. :D. Well this time I am making up for it!. I promised I will buy it again when I order from iHerb next time. So, this time it’s definitely for my little adorable nephew… Am keeping my paws off it!. I freaking love these cookies. They are so yum!. You got to try these out ♥
Price: $4.46 (AED 16.38) for a packet containing 213 gms. Unfortunately, it doesn’t last that long 😛
In addition to the 20% discount I received on two of the five items I ordered, iHerb had something called the ‘VIP discount’ happening the time I had placed this order. I am not sure when that offer started/ended. However, I am indeed glad I got it. I got a 10% discount which worked out to be $5.84 (AED 21.45). Seriously, iHerb is an amazing site that gives discounts on top of discounts. You save a great deal when shopping from there.
The shipping cost was $18.99 (AED 69.75). I think this is the highest shipping charge that I have paid when ordering from iHerb. It’s because of the pretty heavy body lotion. Once again, my order was shipped ultra fast. Shipped the same day that I placed the order and arrived at my doorstep in UAE, from US, in less than 48 hours!.
Everything was packaged very carefully so as to avoid any damage during transit. The Jojoba oil, Rosemary essential oil and the Nature’s Gate body lotion were individually packed in zip lock bags. Once again, I highly suggest this site to you. They ship worldwide, ultra fast.
Use the code SCZ695 at checkout to receive upto $10 off your first transaction with them!