Though late, here are my thoughts about January’s Glambox 2016. First of all, what a delight finding majority of skincare products in here!. I feel Glambox is concentrating more on skincare rather than makeup and I definitely support and appreciate that. When you have gorgeous skin, you will need only the slightest amount of makeup and also it will apply more easily on smooth skin. That’s what I believe any way.
Onto the products in detail,
1) Eucerin Even Brighter Pigment Reducing Concentrate – I literally yelped seeing this advanced skincare product in the box. It’s supposed to reduce pigmentation, even the skin tone and overall make it brighter. It contains concentrated B-Resorcinol & Glycyrrhetinic Acid, which helps protect against the production of melanin and supports skin cells’ repair of damage induced by prematurely ageing UV-Sunlight, respectively.
There are 6 little tubes, each containing 5 ml, neatly arranged into a gorgeous plastic display box. Each vial lasts 1 week, used twice a day. I kind of had a doubt that 5 ml will last that long. But it did last me 7 – 8 days. I have finished all 6 of them and waited around to do this post so that I can completely try it out and voice my opinion about it.
It’s white in color, has a light scent and has the consistency of a serum that gets absorbed really fast into the skin. Within 4 weeks, my skin looked much better, definitely brighter and more even toned. You should be using the product right after toner and before applying a face oil. I really love this product. This 6 weeks product supply is worth about AED 167 and it’s amazing that I could try it out through Glambox. This also happens to be the first ever Eucerin product that I have tried.
2) Three Maxon samples from their Hydramax skincare range, that promises to deliver more hydration. Maxon is a Canadian brand that’s now available in UAE.
● Cream – Such a gorgeous cream, that can be used both in morning and night. It intensely hydrates skin and I really love it. The sample came in a 7 ml tube and has a thick consistency.
● Foaming Gel – This is an OK product. Does a good job of what it’s supposed to do, that is, cleanse the skin. It lathers well, has a transparent look, thick consistency and a nice scent. I have a feeling that this would be really suitable for oily skin tone rather than my skin type (normal, leaning towards dry). The sample came in a 7 ml tube.
● Cleansing Tonic – This is such a dream product, absolutely priceless. Since it’s watery, I can’t help but think of Bioderma’s SensiBio cleanser and compare it with this one. Maxon would definitely win a showdown between these 2 products!.
It’s transparent with a blue suspension on top of it. I give it a good shake, pour a bit onto a cotton pad and cleanse my skin. Even with one swipe, it removes a great amount of makeup and impurities, all the while being absolutely gentle on the skin. It leaves skin looking dewy. It’s definitely a fantastic product that I would buy a full size of, at the next chance I get to go shopping!. The sample came in a 30 ml bottle. This is the main reason I love Glambox. It introduces us to wonderful products like these.
3) Delicca Powder Face Wash – It’s my first time coming across such a product. It’s a yellow powder that needs to be mixed with water and used on the face. It smells so beautiful, exactly like the Papaya facial I usually get at beauty parlour, even though there is no papaya in this product!. It cleans skin well and leaves it looking healthy, soft and fresh, without stripping it of moisture. It is sulphate free. This is a full sized product containing 40 gms. Even though I liked it much, I don’t understand the convenience of such a product, since you need to mix it with water first and such, before application.
4) DMGM Smoky Desire XS Eyeliner – First time hearing about this brand. I got this in the color ‘Nude Beige’. Personally, I don’t care much for this color. I don’t think it suits Indian skin tone. I used it to highlight above and underneath my brow bone. I don’t do my brows. But I do thread it. So, using this as a highlighter really gives prominence to the brows. The color payoff is good and it does have staying power. The most common use for it is to use it on the waterline to get an ‘awake’ look. But am not much into that. Anyways, I did like the product itself, just wish it was black in color :P.
● A voucher for a free massage from WE Nails on every service over AED 70.
● A voucher worth AED 200 to spend towards any 60 minute or longer spa treatment at Heart & Soul Spa.
Overall, it’s a lovely box with a bunch of really new brands, for me. Why don’t you look at the three subscription options and subscribe to Glambox today itself?.
Note: This Glambox was sent to me for review purposes. All opinions are 100% honest & my own.