This post is a personal discussion between you and I. Have you ever been on the fence about whether or not to have a kid in your life?. Then read ahead :
I never wanted kids in my life… You might wonder what kind of woman am I to say something like that. But it’s the truth. In fact, I know there is a minority in the society consisting of women who share my sentiments. I am writing this for those women..
Today, I am a mother to a 22 months old son. I had him after 4 years of married life. Even after the initial year of my marriage, people had started asking when I am gonna have a kid and it annoyed me a lot. That’s how the Indian society is. My husband said we should enjoy life freely and thus, we put the ‘family planning’ on hold. But after 4 years, hubby said it’s his dream to have a kid and I was shattered. I finally told him I am not ready and nor I ever will be and he was shocked.
We had several discussions, mostly arguements but then he asked me why did I get married if I didn’t want kids.. Hmm, interesting point. Truth is that, I didn’t wanna get married at all but then my parents wanted me to have a support, a husband, a family and I had just gone with the flow.
Anyways long story short, I understood that it’s truly selfish if I didn’t let my husband realize his dreams of being a father. Then I became a mom. Our son, Eshaan, was born in 2015 and it was just amazing ????
A little bundle of joy indeed, something I would have missed out on if I had decided to never have kids. I realized a lot of things after actually being a mom and I will discuss it with you now. It might help you to finally make your own decision. Here they are below in points :
● First and foremost thing is that a child becomes your future. Something to look forward to… Something to live for….
● When you are old and needs support, it’s your child(ren) who will look after you. Well, that’s the hope atleast. We can’t predict at all, how the future would be but you can raise a child with values and they will respect you forever.
● You grow with them. Children teach a lot of things to us too. My son has taught me to be a better person..
● The joy that you experience when they develop each day, do/say something new is inexplicable. Even their smile lights up your day. Every moment, a memory created, to be relived another day..
● A child is a happiness maker. Recently, I noticed how sensitive my son is to my moods. When I am sad, he calls me, gets my attention, kisses me and generally just distracts me from whatever I am sad about. I am incredibly amazed by how much a kid understands even from such a young age.
● The fact that this little person comes to you for comfort is just adorable. They need you and you can’t help but need them back.
● When I hold my son, I just feel complete. I don’t know how to explain it, but it’s like a puzzle that’s complete, now that he has come into my life..
Picture source : Google.com
● Since becoming a mom, I realize how big this role is. I now respect my mom more.
● Kids are one of God’s most precious gifts. They keep amazing you each day..
● Sometimes I just want him to sleep, so that I can rest. But once he does sleep, I surprise myself when I feel a longing to hold him again and play with him..
● A child brings more love into the family. The love between you and your hubby increases like ten fold ????
These are but a few points that I wish to convey to you. By the way, motherhood isn’t just happiness. It’s tough. It definitely is. I believe that when I am discussing it, I should discuss it all & not just paint a picture of joy.
● Be ready to be responsible. You have a little person depending on you. That’s huge.
● Be ready to get your patience tested. Sometimes I just wanna rip my hair apart. That’s how much my son makes me go nuts, by being stubborn. But I need to learn patience. I am slowly doing it and that’s why I said earlier that he makes me a better person.
● Be ready to learn that your kid is an individual, one with his/her own viewpoints, that might clash with your’s.
In another two years, my son would be ready for school and God only knows how I would cope with that. More responsibility, more madness & craziness coming up in my life. But then again, I am happy. That’s what truly matters…